Please register with your Email ID and Phone Number, and fill the "Profile" column with your Personal and Academic Details. Upload your documents (applicable marksheets), photograph & signature.
Note: Under the "Application" column, our courses are Science and Technology faculty.
The Entrance Examination will be held ONLINE at the City you will choose in the application form.
DATE OF ONLINE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (OEE) 2019
The examination is to be held between 17th June, 2019 from 11AM to 1PM
The examination will be conducted online at various centres across India.
The Online Entrance Examination (OEE) is of 100 marks, with following breakdown:
Multiple Choice Questions:
- 80 marks for Subject related (description in section ‘Examination Pattern’)
- 20 marks general aptitude
The OEE 2019 will be followed by a Group Discussion/Personal Interview (GDPI) for 100 marks.
Qualifying candidates from the held OEE 2019 will be called for GDPI.
For every seat, 3 students will be called for GDPI.
Note: Not all candidates will be called for GDPI.
The Online Entrance Examination- 2019 for the M.Sc. (Media and Communication Studies) will be based on the following units. The description here is meant to provide only a general idea and scope of the unit. It does not intend to suggest a highly specialized knowledge of the unit. The units are not mutually exclusive and the list of points therein is not exhaustive.
1. Media-I (General): History, concepts, institutes and bodies, content, personalities, technologies, ownerships, acts etc. related to various media in India and in the world.
2. Media-II (Current Affairs): Various issues, events, awards, people, developments, inventions, controversies etc related to various media that were in the limelight in the preceding two years.
3. Current Affairs: Various issues, events, awards, people, developments, inventions, controversies etc related to several non-media fields that were in the limelight in the preceding two years.
4. History: Concepts, people, places, events, issues, stages, turning points, wars, treaties, artefacts etc which have a historical significance in Indian and global context. (Scope: up to 12th standard)
5. Geography: Earth, places, people, flora & fauna, climate, mountains, rivers, various geographical features, maps etc in Indian and global context (Scope: up to 12th standard)
6. Art and Literature: Important books, performing arts, painting, artefacts, folk arts, authors, artists, styles, developments, historical phases, movements etc in the context of Maharashtra, rest of India and the world. (Scope: up to 12th standard)
7. Religion and Culture: Mythology, holy scripture, places, people, practices, celebrations etc related to various religions and, traditions, customs, practices, values, artefacts etc related to various cultures.
8. Politics and Civic Life: Concepts, practices, forms of governance, movements, parties, people, events, quotations etc related to politics in Maharashtra, rest of India and the world. Public administration, rules and regulations, norms and practices etc related to civic life in India.
9. Economics: Concepts, people, events, issues, developments, ideas, status, debates, regulations, agreements, etc related to various fields of business and economy in Indian and global context (Scope: up to 12th standard)
10. Science and Technology: Concepts, ideas, laws, theories, experiments, inventions and discoveries, scientists, scientific bodies, awards, debates etc. in various field of science and technologies.
SAMPLE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION QUESTIONS